Lips are one of the most attention grabbing features of human face. Soft, pink lips are attractive for everyone. Our lifestyle and other environmental factors make our lips look darker. Dark lips lower down the confidence and makes people feel uncomfortable to go bare on lips.
Here we have 10 natural remedies to lighten lips naturally and safely:
What causes dark lips?
1. Dryness: -Dryness creates a dry layer on the lips of the dead skin when moisture is not there. It makes the lips look dark and lacking moisture.
2. Exposure to sun: - Sun not only affects your skin, it also affects your lips. As melanin is present in lips as well, they get affected equally as skin and results into discoloration.
3. Smoking: -Smoking causes a lot of problems to health, skin and even lips. Excessive smoking causes darkness in lips.
4. Lip care products: - There are so many lip care products that contain loads of chemical in them. They do more harm than good to your lips and makes them pigmented.
5. Dehydration: -In order to look and feel your best, hydrating yourself is very important. You should never stay dehydrated because it just makes you lack moisture from all your body and your skin look dark and there is no glow.
6. Caffeine intake: - Excessive intake of caffeine can make your lips and teeth dark if no proper care is given.
7. Iron deficiency: - Iron deficiency can be one of the reasons for dark lips. The deficiency of iron in your body causes low hemoglobin which means less blood which causes dark lips.
How to get pink lips with natural ingredients
Lightening the color of your lips with natural ingredients is not a one night job, you need to keep applying the remedies over and over again to reverse the process of damage and get the best results. Below are the natural ingredients that will help you lighten your lip color and get soft pink lips.
1. Sugar scrub
Sugar is a great natural exfoliator. It helps in getting rid of dry skin cells and chapped lips when rubbed all over the lips. The tiny pieces of sugar helps in taking off the flakiness from lips and you will be left with smooth and soft lips.
2. Beetroot juice
Beetroot is a red and purple fruit which has agents that help in lightening the lip color. It can also be used to get the instant rosy lips by applying the juice of it on lips and leaving it for 5 minutes. It leaves its natural red stain which will give a pink tint to your lips.
3. Lemon and honey
Lemon and honey when mixed together, makes a great ingredient for making lips pink. Lemon is rich in vitamin C and honey is known for its moisturizing properties. This combination helps in lightening the darkness oflips and moisturizing your lips at the same time.
4. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is an age old therapy for lightening dark lips.It provides moisture to your lips which keeps it hydrated and moisturized which results in softer, pinker lips.
As mentioned above, one of the reasons for dark lips is dryness as well. Dry lips become flaky and look dark. Providing enough moisture to lips helps in making them moisturized and soft. Glycerin is a great option for this as it actually provides deep nourishment to lips and makes them pink.
6. Apple cider vinegar
As ACV has acidic nature, it helps in lightening the pigmentation of lips with resgular usage. Since it has high acidic nature, you should not leave it on your lips for long as it might damage your lips.
7. Ice cubes
Ice cubes are great for providing lacking moisture to your lips and making them look plump. Rubbing ice cube on your lips will help in plumping up and softening your lips.