Coconut oil is known as one of the most effective oils which can be used for almost everything. Coconut oil is extracted from flesh of coconut fruit either in wet or in dry form. Because of its slow oxidising process, coconut oil can be stored for long. There are so many hacks in which coconut oil is used and it works amazingly. From being used just as a hair oil, coconut oil has gained attention in recent years and now its used for number of purposes.
Benefits and uses of coconut oil for skin, hair and health
Since coconut oil is completely natural, people don’t hesitate from using it for different purposes. There are number of ways in which coconut oil is beneficial for us. Coconut oil has so many benefits on health, hair, body and it is widely used in beauty industry as well these days because of its moisturizing ability.
10 benefits and uses of coconut oil for health, hair and skin
1. Moisturizing skin
3. Treats dry and chapped lips
4. Makeup remover
5. Boosts metabolism
6. Helps in weight loss
7. Regrows hair
8. Treats dandruff
9. Treats damaged hair
10. Nourishes hair
Benefits and use of coconut oil for different purposes
Coconut oil is not something that has limited usage. It is a very effective ingredient which is used for different purposes according to the needs and requirement. It is so good that its even used for edible purposes. It is used for so many different purposes like:-
1. For Health
2. For hair care
3. For skin and beauty
Coconut oil benefits and uses for Health:-
1. Coconut oil is great for those who are trying to lose weight. Like other oils, coconut oil also contains fat and it is no exception. But what makes it different is that it contains weight loss friendly fat. So it boosts your metabolism and controls your appetite thus resulting into weight loss.
2. Coconut oil contains lauric acid. Lauric acid is known to have antibacterial properties it. It also helps in killing yeast infections if consumed.
3. Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) is known to be helpful to those who are trying to build muscle in their body as it helps in upping body’s energy expenditure. It is found in various muscle building supplements. Coconut oil contains MCT as well and it is a safer option for people who take supplements as unlike supplements coconut oil does not come in processed form and is completely natural.
4. Coconut oil contains natural saturated fat, but this saturated fat is good for body. It helps in converting bad cholesterol (LDL) into good cholesterol (HDL) and thus improves heart health and decreases chances of Heart disease.
Coconut oil benefits and uses for hair:-
1. Coconut oil has been into use for hair for years. It is considered to be one of the most active ingredients for regrowing hair. It gives all the nutrition to the roots of your hair that’s needed and provides growth with regular usage.
2. For soft and long tresses, make a hair pack with amla powder and coconut oil. Take 2 tbsp. of amla powder in a bowl and add 4 tbsp. of coconut oil into it and make a thick paste and apply on the roots and length of your hair. Leave on for an hour then wash it off. Use this pack once a week and give your hair all the pamper it needs.
3. Coconut oil is great for dandruff.Dandruff is caused because of lack of moisture on scalp thus resulting into dry flakes. Coconut oil gives all the moisture that your hair needs and treats dandruff effectively.
4. Usage of hair styling products that contains chemicals and heating tools used for curling and straightening results into severe hair damage like split ends, brittle and dry hair. Coconut oil contains lauric acid which helps in treating damaged hair. It helps the hair get all the things that it lacks and improves the texture of it with regular usage and time.
5. Coconut oil helps a lot in hair growth as mentioned above. The lauric acid in coconut oil boosts the growth of hair. To make hair growth pack with coconut oil all you need is pure coconut oil and lemon.Take 4 tbsp coconut oil or according to length of your hair and add one lemon into and apply this on the roots and length of your hair and massage well. Lemon is used to unclog the pores and tightens the roots of hair. Coconut oil provides moisture from within and stimulates blood circulation when massaged thus results into hair growth and regrowth
Coconut oil benefits and uses for skin and beauty:-
1. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and it gives the body enough moisture that it needs from within.
2. Since coconut oil contains antibacterial properties, it is really good for those suffering from itching and other skin infections which make the skin dry. It helps in getting relief from this issue.
3. Because of the antimicrobial properties of coconut oil, it helps in getting relief from pimples naturally.Presence of caprylic acid, lauric acid, vitamin E in coconut oil helps in removal of pimples effectively.
4. Coconut oil is great for dry skin people. It gives the moisture within when applied. Take half tbsp. of honey and mix it up with coconut oil and apply this mixture all over your face and neck and leave on for 15 min then wash off with cold water.
5. Coconut oil can be used as a moisturizing scrub and can help in deep cleansing. All you need is ½ tbsp.baking soda and 1 tbsp. coconut oil. Mix both and gently scrub your face. It will deeply cleanse your face without removal of moisture.
6. Coconut oil is a great makeup remover. It breaks the layer of makeup and deeply penetrates the skin from within.
7. Coconut oil is a great lubricant and thus it cures dry chapped lips very effectively and fast.