What is green tea
Green tea is one of the best gifts from nature. It has numerous health, skin and body benefits. These unfermented leaves are mostly produced in china and japan. It has great effects on health, hair and skin that most of us are not aware of.
Why green tea is good for your hair?
Green tea is really helpful for hair as it contains EGCG ( epigallocatechin gallate ) into it. EGCG is great in stimulating hair growth. Green tea contains vitamin B which is great for reducing split ends, hair fall, strengthening hair follicle and softening the hair. Green tea contains DHT blockers which are known as a great thing for reducing baldness.
How to use green tea for hair
Green tea can be used to rinse your hair as it can promote hair growth and it moisturizes your hair really well. It is an amazing tonic for your hair and it helps in making your hair lustrous and shiny. To make Green tea hair rinse, you’ll need-
· One tea bag of organic green tea
· 2 cups of water
· Aloe Vera gel (optional)
Take 2 cups of water in a bowl and boil it well. Add green tea bag in it and once it whole essence is strained, let it cool. Once it cools down, add 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel if you want and mix it well. Use this on hair to rinse after shampoo and leave it for 5 minutes then wash off with cold water as it would help in locking the goodness of all the ingredients in your hair.
Green tea for skin
Its not surprising these days to see that there are loads of products available in the market for skin and they contain green tea as an active ingredient in it. Green tea does wonders for your skin for multiple purposes. There are few skin issues green tea deals with on a great level and they are:
- Green tea slows down the aging process as it has EGCG in it. EGCG helps in reactivating dying skin cells really effectively
- Green tea works very effectively in shrinking the pores and controls sebum production up to a great extent. That’s why it is great for oily skin beauties!
- Uneven skin tone is no one’s favorite. Green tea helps in making skin even toned and reduces darkness from your face.
How to use green tea for skin?
Green tea can be used in multiple ways for skin in following ways:
- Green tea can be used as a refreshing and toning spray. For this, all you need is 1 green tea bag, normal water and a spray bottle. Take 1 tbsp. of green tea in 2 glass of water. Mix them well and boil for 10 minutes. Let it cool down then put it into spray bottle. Use this spray for instantly refreshing up your skin and see the natural glow.
- You can use the used green tea bag for exfoliating your skin naturally. For this simply empty out the content in bowl. Add half tablespoon of curd in it and a pinch of turmeric and mix these well. Apply this mixture on face evenly and gently exfoliate your skin with circular motion of hands for 10 minutes then wash off with cold water.
- Green tea can be used as a toner ingredient. For this, all you need to do is empty the content of green tea into 1 cup of water and boil it well. Once it reduces to half cup add 1 tbsp. of Rose water/gulab jal into and half slice of lemon juice into it. Apply the mixture with the help of cotton pad and leave it on for half an hour then wash it off.
- Cool brewed green tea when applied on to acne is very effective. It helps in reducing pimples and scars with regular usage.
Green tea for health
It is a known thing that green tea is really effective and useful for health. It has limitless capabilities of ending even deadly diseases like Parkinson’s disease, cancer.
How to use green tea for health
- Green tea is really effective for weight loss as everyone knows. Drinking 2.5 cups of green tea on a regular basis can help a lot in weight loss.
- Green tea has properties of treating common cold and flu. It does not cure the cold and flu directly but the antioxidants in the green tea help fighting against the disease and builds up your immunity with regular usage.
- Green tea is great for people suffering from Anxiety. It helps in calming your mind and helps in giving relaxation.
- Green tea smoothie can help a lot in joint pain. It boosts your immunity so it is great as post work out drink.